Sunday, May 1, 2011

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!

"You are what you eat" is a statement that was born from research almost 200 hundred years ago and has become a warning for us to be careful of the food that we put into our bodies. Food is meant to nourish your body and keep it healthy.  We all enjoy food so much that we fail to grasp the concept that what you put in your body has an effect on how you feel and look.  It also determines your health and life span.  So my point is, how important to you is that cheeseburger from Whataburger?  How is it going to make you feel once you consume it?  Is it worth the pounds you will gain or the bloated, miserable feeling you will surely have afterwards?


Five months ago, I would have gladly eaten two McDoubles and an order of fries along with my large super sweet tea.  I would have felt miserable, bloated, lazy and gross.  Today the thought of eating that makes me sick.  I would gladly have Subway instead, enjoy every bite and know that I just fed my body the right way.  Eating healthy has become a way of life for my husband and I, our bodies want to eat the good stuff.  We crave fruit, vegetables and water....the craving for chocolate and sweets is gone. 


I want to encourage everyone to begin this week by taking the first step and cut your sugar consuption in half.  You will be amazed at how quickly you will see and feel a change just by removing sugar from your diet.  Think about what you eat before you eat it, do you really want to eat it?  Is it really worth it? 


Remember that eating healthy is a state of mind that develops into a lifestyle.  God made our bodies to be a temple of the Holy Spirit, so keep it clean and beautiful.....just the way you would keep His house!


Good Nite and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment